The Institute of the North hosted an Alaska Dialogue on the topic of Community Dialogue in Kotzebue on May 30th, 2015. The welcoming speeches were given my Mayor Majia Lukin, Mayor Reggie Joule, Dr. William Iggiagruk Hensley, and Elizabeth Qualluq Cravalho. The lunch keynote speaker was Elizabeth Ferguson who discussed the Kotzebue 2015 Youth Leadership Summit. Numerous wonderful questions were asked to explore the topic.
- What collaborations take place at a local level that foster a stronger community?>
- How does Alaska develop and strengthen self-determination and self-governance in Alaska, for a stronger Alaska?
- How do we create a space for meaningful decision-making that is also inclusive?
- What strategies can we employ to shape our future?
- How do we facilitate intergenerational transfer of knowledge and leadership?
We look forward to the report summarizing the findings! In the meantime, what are your thoughts?